Getting students to make the connection between math and the real world can be difficult, but we’ve been hearing that our Performance Tasks have been getting students jazzed about math. (Yay!)
That’s why we’re holding a Pinterest contest to see what YOUR favorite Performance Tasks are! Pin your favorite Performance Tasks from NextLesson for a chance to win a $100 gift card for school supplies!
Check out our NextLesson Contests & Deals board on Pinterest for details.
NextLesson’s “Pin to Win” Real World Learning Contest Official Rules
Entry Dates: Begins Thursday, September 11 and ends on Thursday, September 25 at 12pm noon PT
Entry Limit: one entry per person
One (1) Grand Prize: $100 gift card for an office supply retailer of your choice
Random Drawing: at Thursday, September 25 at 12pm noon PT
How to Enter:
- Follow NextLesson on Pinterest.
- Create a Pinterest board called “Real World Learning”.
- Pin your favorite NextLesson Performance Task from http://www.nextlesson.org/performance-tasks.
- Comment on the NextLesson contest pin with a link to your board to enter.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of NextLesson Company (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, September 11 at 8:00am Pacific Time and ends on Thursday, September 25 at 12pm noon Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, go to pinterest.com/Nextlesson and follow us. You must be a registered user of Pinterest to follow us. To become a registered user of Pinterest, you may go to https://pinterest.com/join/signup/ to register. Registration with Pinterest is free. After you follow pinterest.com/NextLesson in your Pinterest profile, create a new board called “Real World Learning” and pin your favorite NextLesson Performance Task found at http://www.nextlesson.org/performance-tasks. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or other people, products or companies or communicate illegal, sexual, or other messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor in its sole discretion, wishes to associate. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one entry during the Promotion Period will void all entries and result in disqualification. Only one (1) entry per person permitted during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: If you are selected a winner in the random drawing, you will be notified via Pinterest message. Winners must reply to the email mentioned in the message with their email address within five (5) days of attempted notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor may require completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to award prize (except as prohibited by law).
- RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 25, 2014 at 12pm noon Pacific Time from among all entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Winner will receive one (1) $100 gift card for an office supply retailer of your choice. Total prize value: $100.00.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one prize per person/family/household. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering sweepstakes, you accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website or the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners (or winners’ parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the winner’s list, email email@example.com.
- SPONSOR: NextLessson, 625 2nd Street, Suite 280, San Francisco, CA 94107
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Pinterest, and Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of Pinterest. Pinterest’s terms and conditions will apply to all Pinterest activity.